Thursday, January 27

Investing 101

So we've decided to join the grown-up realm of banking...or so they tell me. Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRAs, blah blah blah.... There is so much to know I now remember why I haven't invested in the past - I am still on the third grade level of investing knowledge. I suppose this is where getting a broker comes in. But then, how do you know which one to pick? I suppose we could go broker shopping. It's mad mad mad mad world. Even though I know we need to invest if we're ever going to be able to retire and not live in our car - I'm not so sure I want to join the rat race.

4 comments:

cynthia said...

hey i'm older than you and i don't know jack about that stuff either!

Anonymous said...

I've gone with 401K (company matches a portion of what you put away. "Free" money is always good), and Roth IRA's. I know that Roth's are better than Standard IRA's but I can't remember why. It has been about 4 years since I went through all of this. Roth's are good because they force you to put away your money until you are at retirement age. You are penalized for making early withdrawals.

Anonymous said...

You are not alone. I don't have a clue about any of that stuff. Mabye our parents should have taught us better? :D Love ya
ps when you figure it out, let Rand and I know. When we retire, we will probably have to live with you :) MWOAH

Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ