Monday, September 19

Where is it all supposed to come from?

Was listening to NPR this morning and heard that NASA is planning a $100 billion trip to the moon. My first reactions was "cool - more moonrocks" but then I wondered...where is all of that cash coming from? We're paying hundreds of billions of dollars to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan and we just promised at least $200 billion to help those hurt by Hurricane Katrina. Maybe it's just me, but I'm pretty sure that we don't have THAT much money to spread around. I'm not saying the $ shouldn't go to help those hurt by the hurricane. I am saying that something's got to give. With a federal deficit more than $410 billion dollars we can't really afford everything. It's simple budgeting. It's no wonder why so many Americans are having credit problems. Just look at the example the federal government sets for us. Ridiculous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Lisa finally wrote something down!! Took almost two months, but you did it! Way to go! Love you. I agree that we are spending way too much money (I had to say that so you knew I read it!) ha! Hope you got some sleep last night. Love ya! -your cutest sister