Monday, October 17

Close call

The sun was out in full force this morning. Love the sun - hate it when it blinds me in the middle of rush hour traffic. It was so bad this morning, that I couldn't even see the car in front of me (if there even was a car - I couldn't tell). I saw one woman pull into the center lane to drive for safety, I suppose. But what she didn't know is that the lane became the turning lane of ongoing traffic. Luckily she moved over before anything scary happened. Just a few blocks away, there was a fender bender on an overpass. Just as I passed the accident and came to a stop light where I found that there were indeed cars in front of me - saw them just as I came to a stop - thankfully I was going slow enough to stop. The car behind me was going slow enough and stopped also, but the car behind her was not as slow and hit the car behind me. So now there were two accidents on the overpass - in morning traffic. That was the THIRD accident that has happened one car in front or behind of me since I moved down here. This town is SO accident prone. i think that perhaps I'll start teleporting to work. Beam me up Scotty!

2 comments:

cynthia said...

i hate the sun myself--i walk from porter to harvard every morning down mass ave and the sun totally blinds me, there is no shade, no escape! i have resorted to sunglasses and a baseball cap to shield myself.

Anonymous said...

LOL. you make me laugh. But I totally agree with you. The worst is morning just after it rained cause the streets are wet and are reflecting the sun even more. Glad you're safe and didn't get hit! mwoah.