Monday, January 14

Can it be?

I realized last night that my birthday is this week. The big 31. Funny how when I was a kid I'd count the days to my birthday and have week-long celebrations. ok, so I did that in college too. Still, now I barely even remembered it was coming up! What's up with that?

Think if the weather's good I want to go up to my favorite beach/park in Seattle and have a bonfire. Roast marshmallows. Have s'mores. Maybe go out for sushi. Go dancing. Finish off the night with a movie and popcorn at home. Although, there is a monster truck rally in town that day. Never been to one of those. Might make for a memorable birthday. Seriously.

Gave my resume a serious overhaul last week. Now I'm on the job hunt again. Think I'll go for something I actually care about this time instead of a job I take because I can do it or because it's there. Might mean I don't go for a straight writing job, but I think I'm ready for a change.

Was talking with my mom last night. She's had 3 or 4 big things break in her life over the past month and is convinced it's the Universe trying to tell her something. She might be right. Do you think the Universe talks to us in ways like that?

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Wow -- I cant believe you are going to be 31!!! you ARE old...no not really. I just like to say that :) I think a Monster Truck rally....well maybe you could do that, the smores AND the popcorn :) sounds like fun. miss you though.

Poor mom. Its like everything that could go wrong IS going wrong for her right now. I totally feel everything happens for a reason.

Anna said...

I think that things happen for a reason... alot of the time we decide on the reason. I tend to not think that the universe is punishes us. I dont like the sounds of that. When things break sometimes its a great thing.... like your mom and that guy whos name starts with h and ends with a d. That is a great thing that its finally over.
liked this post. miss you. when are you coming for another visit?