Wednesday, January 30

Emotional Intelligence

Do I have any?
Not so sure.

I've always known that I had a weak understanding of my own emotions - to the point that I sometimes couldn't name what I was feeling. Sometimes it was as if I was a 2 year old trying to put words to things. Now that I'm beginning to understand why I've been a slow learner, I wonder if an ol' dog can learn new tricks. Can I really get in touch with my emotions to the point where I can not only recognize my own emotions, but realize the impact they have on others AND choose to interact certain ways so I impact people emotionally in ways that I consciously choose? Seems like a lot. And seems like something I should have learned a while ago. BUT I suppose we all learn certain things in our own time and better to learn late than never.

Let's hope my brain doesn't implode.

2 comments:

CharlieJo said...

can't wait to hear more!
btw:k, I'm doing this just for fun. you have been tagged! check out my blog to find out more. =o)

Anonymous said...

hmm - you are book thinking! yay! and it sounds wonderful and I am there and doing that. Ha.

oh yeah and Em tagged me too and I'm tagging you also - YOUR IT! he he
so only do it once but check out my blog too - www.zengertroop.blogspot.com

♥ you