Monday, July 11

marathon man

I must bragg a bit about my husband. He ran the Grandfather Mountain Marathon in Boone, NC Saturday. They say it's the hardest marathon in the country and after driving the course (yeah, not a chance that I ran it - I was support crew running from water stop to water stop), I must agree. Over half of the course was uphill, winding through the mountains. It was beautiful and some of it was even on the Blue Ridge Parkway, but pretty views aside - I am amazed anyone finished the race. John finished well and has the number and medal to prove it. it was fun to be the support crew and cheer everyone on in the race. It was a pretty lonely one - not a lot of people along the route cheering them on - just them and the pavement most of the way. Although I'm told that Wonder Woman was handing out water at mile 24. I thought that perhaps one day I would run a marathon and maybe I will - but after watching those people cross the finish line I'll be thinking long and hard about if my body really wants to go through all of that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go John!! wahoo!! We always knew you married a superman :) Love you