Tuesday, June 28

Georgey: a little apprehensive

I have the opportunity today to be a part of the press conference/appearance that George "Let 'er Roll" Bush is holding on base. I'm actually really excited about it b/c I get to be with the National Press Corps and all that goes along with being in the room with the president. My brother-in-law was joking that they wouldn't let me in b/c they'd check my voter registration card. It was strange getting calls from the White House at the office.

He's supposed to be here pretty soon and the storm clouds have just rolled in - it's so dark you'd think it was 7 at night. A storm's a brewin'. The national media has been saying that he's going to announce "specific" ideas on his strategy in Iraq. This is something that you'd think we'd already have since we're HOW FAR INTO IT? Anyway, we've been told he's going to announce something - we don't know what, but something big. I'm a little freaked out by that. We've brainstormed everything from an exit strategy to nothing new to a (gasp) draft. I can say that it's not meant to be a troop rally - the number of troops expected is too small for that.

I suppose I also fear my own reaction to whatever he announces. I promised my office I wouldn't do anything crazy - besides, I don't want to be carried off the crazy town by the secret service.

Well, the clouds just opened up and the rain is pouring down. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: