Monday, June 20

hollah

This weekend I decided to embrace the NC country that I now live in. The National Hollerin' Contest was held Saturday in a li'l place called Spivey's Corner about 30 minutes from where I live. The town has a year-round population of just over 65 people and if you blink, you would literally miss the "town." So, I went. Not quite sure how to describe "hollerin" - it's kinda like yodelling without the yodel...like bird calls for people. They had little kids, teens, men and women up on stage. Inbetween competitions, Elvis sang as well as a christian music group. I have to say - I'm realizing that although I love the mountains and camping and being one with nature.....I'm not so much a "country girl." I took a few pictures and will post them later today. Ah...the South. Yeeeeeeehaw!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun. So glad you could share your moment with me. Loved how you said "Ah, a real scarecrow! I am really in the middle of nowhere" :) hee hee. Love ya.